Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fuzzy wuzz was a puppy....

Lookin ahead a bit. A classmate asked "are you using fur?" I hadn't thought about the skin much yet, having forged ahead to modeling.
So the search for maya tutorials on fur begins. It looks like it'll add a level of complication... but other than being "french" once I can figure it out It should bring good results.

Tutorial using seperate UV editor.

Quick run down without much explanation of Maya fur.

It looks like I'll be creating the model, then making skin objects which will be slightly smaller and will provide the area for the fur to grow on. I'd rather just do it all on one, but oh well.

This is from just slapping on some fur, tweaking the color a bit. Color-wise I'm kinda liking it for the warm brown of a lighter colored welsh corgi.

No comments:

Post a Comment