Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wait, what am I doing again?

Say whoa and take a step back.

I’ve been leaning very strongly away from complicated ideas and extra props. I’ve been refining the timing on the middle of a sequence when I don’t know how to end the sequence, or the short!!!

Ok. What Am I Doing??

A funny short of a dog getting or tying to get a cake from the top of a frige.

The hops, doesn’t really work, just establishes the area more, and now I have a relatively good opening to do that for me.

The run and jump. Though my best timing, a surprise gem from the start, I need to work on it. It is a great sketch but not yet a great bit.

My original brainstorm had a lot of quick tactics, not this 3 slow ones.
(influence: how much work goes into these. But that shouldn’t stop me from finding what is funny, what is worth it.)

Hm. Chocolate is bad for dogs. Is there anything else I could substitute? Should I change it so the dog doesn’t get the cake ? Should I add more characters? Should I tip over the fridge at the end?

OK, having watched other amateur animated things for the past… I don’t know how long, you tube is stealing my life.

Funny: character getting crushed at the end.

Idea: puppy grabs freezer door, it pops open, hundreds of things fall out, and puppy climb sees mountain to top made.

I do want the puppy to win, so the last shot is the puppy with a huge belly and cake crumbs. Just how to get from the opening to there…

The end must be a surprise however.

Well let me post the modified opening at least. Also There's an idea for the ending that I did before writing all this. Comments welcome...

1 comment:

  1. My favorites are the cake view of the dog and the dog's view of the cake....is it a bundt cake???

    ReplyDelete