Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Time to dust off the saddle

I've been gone about 2 weeks now from the lab and this project. It feels like longer; I've been working as the Technical director of Rogue Valley Opera's "La Boheme," the only opera produced this year between Eugene and Sacramento. It was a good show, for an opera. And it paid pretty well. In a lump sum that I'm faintly tempted to splurge on computer parts or Maya for my home...
But not yet, must feed self first.

Anyway.
There's half of week 7 left, and by week 11 I'd hoped to have a working model rigged and ready for animation. If I knew what I was doing I'm sure that would be possible. But I've spent my time using my degree instead of learning new stuff, so I've fallen behind. So a little triage. What's my goal?

Finish model, skin and hair model. Model set. By week 10. week 11 trying to rig. Because it's my first one I'm guessing I'll have to do the model over when I get to rigging, so a draft model is my goal. The fur should be pretty reasonable to adapt if it's a different shell.

So, let's draft this puppy. literally. I crack myself up.

1 comment: