Thursday, March 5, 2009

Without anything better to do.


I think I'll blame the weather. That's easier for me to accept than any personal problems of enthusiasm or motivation or lacks there-of.
I almost didn't come to 'class' again. I was reading at home a freakishly addicting book called "Water for Elephants." I don't know what it is that makes you not put the book down, I guess a combination of 'everyman' believeable ness or characters that are larger than life without doing anything steriotypical, riding a fine line between subtle hints of their dark parts and - I don't know. Anyway, the book is short (I've been reading it since this morning at 8 and am half way through) so it won't suck my attention too long.
So I do manage to guilt myself into coming to class. And I sit at the computer. I look through my blog to see where I'd left off on the 'scene.' I look through some classmate's blogs to see what they're up to. It all looks better than mine. I watch Cody's posted link to the Warhammer Trailer, which I've seen before but still looks really cool. It stops and I literally sit and stare at the screen.
I want to... sleep? I'm not that sleepy just tired. Lacking ummfh. Maybe a slurpee, surgar and caffiene... Something. Or go home and nap.
Then, staring at the last rendering of the scene, remember mile's suggestion to photoshop it to check lighting ideas...
I do.
I think of something to work on.
I start working.
And now an hour has gone by, with some profit to the scene; I like it better anyway. Still need to skin things, I think that'll require me to do the lighting over. Lit fog is kinda fun, needs to be subtle of course. Helps show where the light is coming from.
So. A to do list for next time:
Lit fog light around corner.
Skin the other things.
Darken the trash cans.
Work on the dumpster skin (don't know how that broke down).


And get sleep or whatever I'm lacking. Maybe a multi-vitamin.

No comments:

Post a Comment