Friday, October 17, 2008

Crayon-scribble Walle and Crane

I sat down determined to put pen to pixel and scribble something and learn/practice with photoshop's drawing capabilities.
The stating point was forcing the stylis onto the pad and then scribbling. The scribbles evolved into the crane.
Next I tried the 3d isometric perspective cube, which became the robot. Color I was just beginning to explore when it was time to go, but I did take a moment to add his little insect friend.
Now I'm using the Walle and Crane fill-in for a story to start other 'what can I do with this medium' works; my biggest frustration is that the only straight line drawing tool I've found is the vector based pen and line thing. I really wish photoshop had something like good ole microsoft paint's straight line drawer so I could click two points and have a pixel (not vector) line between the two which I could then smuge erase and toy with like the brush strokes. Sigh.
But still, this is SO much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment