Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Where am I headed?

Well. I looked through CG society today a bit. Just two areas really; a artist's brief story of how he created this amazing picture that won some contest (jaw dropping tales of "then I did this and this and this" for little me). Then I browsed through the job listings to one about pipeline development; I barely knew what they were talking about and certainly hadn't seen or used any of the languages or general stuff listed...

I'd been wondering "am I on the right path, what path is it anyway" and now I see where the path might lead, and how frikken far it is to get there. And now to wonder if my land speed and 'car' will get me there or close, or if I need to look for a different one. How much momentum can I create on my own, forking out money for products while I'm a student then trying to lean from books? Would be cheaper than a different big city college but more expensive if it doesn't work.

This kinda path is maybe more life consuming than theatre, while it'd be cool to do would it seem worth it in the end or would making a home/family be better?

How to test? I know I can spend 14 hours a day working theatre for about 2 weeks before burning up and crashing, can I do the same with photoshop and Maya and/or coding? Can I make myself try on my own?

What about the ozone layer?

or is all that we know a dream that we will wake from any moment and barely remember?

Blarg (this means I've gone too far away from tangible things and am simply worrying about that which I cannot reasonably affect today)

Just keep drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment