Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Alley way in progress


These are some scratched up, 20 min of work shots of my alleyway. The upper one didn't have a white background in Maya, made it much darker. I would like to flesh out the rest of the trash cans, then start on the bits that stick out and such.

Not sure how to:
add curved wires
edit the multiple trash cans effectively ( could I make one and place instances and change them all?)
make the stair way better.
Figure out what would close the end after the turn.
Navigate the user to the turn...
ect.
Street lamps for the light to come from.

Ok so yeah these projects grow a lot, and the to-do lists most of all.

How to see what I'm editing with all the clutter in so close. Seperate files and pasting in?

Now I'm making myself depressed. I'm going back to the safe harbor of Flash and 2d dimensions and coding, sweet coding...

1 comment:

  1. couple quick thoughts
    1. wires--super thin cylinders with enough segments to "bend" 'em.
    2. track cans--yes--basically, make 1 and then make copies of it. If you model the lids separately, that will also make it easier to add variety.
    3. Stair way--references, references, references. could also give some of the stairs some irregularity (weathering) based on references.
    4. Navigate the user--Diagonals and zig zags!

    ReplyDelete